Best Golf Clubs For Beginners 2018 – The Perfect Guide
Golfing has become such a great sport to both spectate and take part in. With clubs being absolutely essential when it comes to playing the sport. It is also one of the things that makes golf a very unique game to play, as there is more than one type of club required in different areas. If you are a beginner, having a number of clubs may not feel like a requirement and those who have never played golf may only use a single club. There are a wide range of clubs and types available to purchase. If you are looking to play a competitive game then you are definitely going to need use all of the types. It may seem complex at first, but once you have gotten used to the different types and when to use them it will become second nature to you. That way it will be straightforward to use them each and every time. Below is a guide on the Best Golf Clubs For Beginners, it will help you make the best choice before purchasing your first club set.
Our Recommended Golf Sets:
- 1 Our Recommended Golf Sets:
- 2 Best Sets Of Golf Clubs For Beginners
- 3 Below Are Our Best Beginner Golf Club Set Reviews
- 3.1 Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Club Set With Bag ( 12-Pieces )
- 3.2 Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set ( 18-Pieces )
- 3.3 Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set
- 3.4 Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Pieces Complete Golf Set
- 3.5 Wilson Men’s Profile XLS Complete Package Golf Set, Right Handed
- 4 What Should You Know About Golf Clubs?
- 5 The Different Types Of Golf Clubs & What Their Uses Are
- 6 Things You Should Consider When Your Are Buying The Best Golf Clubs For Beginners
- 7 How Often Should Your Upgrade Your Club Set?
- 8 Conclusion
Best Sets Of Golf Clubs For Beginners
|Callaway Men’s Strata 12-Piece||Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set (18-Piece)||Wilson Men’s Profile XLS|
|12 Piece – 9 Clubs, 2 Headcovers & A Bag||18 Piece – 14 Clubs, 3 Headcovers & A Bag||15 Piece – 11 Clubs, 3 Headcovers & A Bag|
|View Lowest Price||View Lowest Price||View Lowest Price|
Below Are Our Best Beginner Golf Club Set Reviews
Golf is one of the most enjoyable sports that you can play, you can always rest assured that you will be able to make some great memories down on the course. Of course, regardless of whether you are a seasoned professional or an amateur player. When you are first beginning your game, there are a great number of things you are going to need. The most important of all these things is definitely the club, as if you don’t have any clubs then you won’t be able to play the game.
If you are a beginner then when it comes to choosing your clubs, it can be a difficult. As you may not know what you are needing to purchase. But worry no longer, out set of golf club reviews underneath this section will help you make the right choice.
Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Club Set With Bag ( 12-Pieces )
My Rating: (5 / 5)View Lowest Price On Amazon
When it comes to Callaway they are one of the most trusted names within the golfing equipment industry. The model we are reviewing here is the Strata 12 piece set which is designed with beginners in mind and it comes equipped with every club a beginner would need. Every club is made to a high quality and every care has been taken to ensure that you get the maximum performance from these clubs. Not to mention, the standing bag these clubs are supplied in looks great and has a lot of storage space for your valuables.
- Driver – This set is provided with a forged driver, which is around 460cc and has a large sweet spot which is perfect for beginners. There is more forgiveness in the club than if you were to select another driver.
- Fairway Woods – Similar to the driver, the 3-wood in this set is extremely forgiving and has an aerodynamic head which helps to give length and height to a golfers shots.
- Wedges/Irons – The irons that are in this set are stainless steel and are definitely the best golf clubs for beginners. They give a good amount of forgiveness and an incredible amount of control, they are the best things to use as a beginner golfer.
- Hybrids – As an alternative to long irons, hybrid clubs work great and give a beginner a great amount of confidence when they are taking their shots. They are provided to a high quality standard so you know that they are going to last a while.
- Putter – When it comes to accuracy with a putter, you don’t need to worry as the putter which is supplied within this set is a T-Style alignment which will most definitely ensure your most accurate when taking a shot.
- Standing Bag – Being lightweight and durable the stand bag is not only good looking but can outlast many of the other bags that are available on the market currently. It contains 5 storage pockets and even one to store your drinks if you need a beverage whilst you are out on the course. There is also a matching rain hood and backpack strap helping you to easily carry it around.
- In terms of price, this is an extremely affordable golf set and is ideal for those who are just starting out.
- Most of the clubs which are supplied with this set will hit further and better than most of the clubs that are currently on sale.
- The stand bag these clubs come in is made out of a high quality material and is extremely durable. It’s good to know that your clubs will be safe whilst you are transporting them to and around the course.
- As well as being made from high quality materials, the bag also comes with a number of storage pockets and is still extremely lightweight.
- The clubs themselves are unbelievably durable and you will definitely be able to use them for a number of years to come.
- There is a back strap that comes supplied with the bag which makes it easy to carry your bag around the course.
- Looking at the putter, you wouldn’t think it was durable and it does look a little on the cheaper side.
- Reading the customer reviews, some people are complaining about how the grips can be rough on your bare hands if you are not wearing a pair of gloves.
- There isn’t a sand wedge supplied with this set, so one will need to be purchased at an extra cost.
- Some golfers have said they have found it difficult to use the driver, with others preferring different drivers.
Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set ( 18-Pieces )
My Rating: (5 / 5)View Lowest Price On Amazon
When you are a beginner, you may have a bit of trouble perfecting your swing or getting your ball from within a sand trap, this 18-piece golf club set from Callaway is ideal for you. Not only is it an affordable club set, but it has everything you will need, manufactured to a high quality finish. This set contains the best golf driver ( 460cc ), 6 irons, 2 woods and two hybrids.
- Putter – The putter supplied with this set is one of the best offerings from Callaway for new players. It helps to give a high accuracy and is great for making aiming easier.
- Irons – This set comes with 6 complete irons which are all made to a high standard and will help you to improve your game rapidly and within a short period of time.
- Hybrids – Two hybrids are provided with this set ( A 4H and a 5H ) which are both forgiving and flexible, this makes it ideal for beginners if they are going to be doing more challenging shots.
- Fairway Woods – With 2 fairway woods 3W and 5W which are both crafted from stainless steel. They have a lightweight graphite shaft which help to give a great distance and give a quick/effortless swing.
- Driver – The Strata Ultimate Club Set comes with a great driver for beginners which is the standard size driver (460cc). The reason why this driver is great for amateurs is that is offer a large sweet spot which will help your shots really go the distance.
- Bag – The stand bag that these clubs come in is made of a high quality material which makes it extremely lightweight and very durable. As well as looking great, this bag comes with a number of pockets that will help you store you golfing gear with no problems.
- Weight – Even with all the clubs inside the bag, the set only weighs around 25 pounds, that means it is a very lightweight and complete golf set.
- The clubs are supplied with a great grip, this means that even after long usage they still feel great when in use.
- The driver itself is very forgiving which is ideal for anyone who is just starting out, as it will give a great deal of confidence to the player.
- In terms of the price, this is an extremely affordable set and with it being an affordable set makes it the ideal purchase for a first time golfer.
- 18 Pieces are supplied with this set, which means that you will have access to every club you will ever need.
- There is a good amount of control and flight time when using these clubs for your shots on the course.
- The bag offers a great amount of storage space and it has a great look that everyone at the club will be jealous of.
- The shafts on these clubs almost feel like they could be easily snapped, so this could be an area of improvement.
- Once you have used these clubs for a while and you have improved your game. You will need to upgrade the driver which could be costly.
- The bag we found to be a little flimsy when there wasn’t as much inside it.
- With the bag not having any kind of branding on it from Callaway, it is hard to tell what is an original and what could be a counterfeit.
My Rating: (4 / 5)View Lowest Price On Amazon
The Wilson golf set is a complete package and it couldn’t be more straightforward. With all of the golf clubs being designed so that they can perform their functions to a high level and will help those who are just starting to learn the game to improve their skills over a shorter period of time. The stand bag which is included is not only good for transporting your clubs around safely, but it has a great number of storage pockets that you can place in golf gear.
- Set Includes – 3 Woods, Iron 5PW, Driver, 4 Hybrids and a putter, which makes this the ideal set for a beginner.
- Materials – Both the driver and the wood have a graphite shaft which gives them a durable and lightweight feel. They are extremely dependable. The hybrids and irons have steel shafts which give a great deal of control and will help you to give a big amount of power on your swings.
- Putter – The putter that is supplied with this set will help those who are just starting out in golf, to have a great deal of precision and help increase their putting skills rapidly.
- Stand Bag – With the golf club set, comes a durable stand bag that is ergonomically designed to help protect your clubs. As well as transporting them safely and easily.
- Even with all the clubs and the stand bag included with this set, it is super affordable making it perfect for beginners.
- 3 club covers are included with this set, which means you can protect your most expensive clubs.
- With a high quality build, the clubs swing great and are extremely durable.
- All of the clubs are a standard size, which means they will fit comfortably for most men.
- Wilson provide these clubs with a great looking bag that has a large number of pockets for storage.
- The hybrids provided with this set are great and all the new players that use them will fall in love with them.
- Many users have stated that the driver’s head can break off easily even after a short usage, this will mean that you will have to replace it.
- This set unfortunately doesn’t come with a sand wedge and that means you will have to purchase one separately.
- If you are looking for a plain colored set then this is only available in yellow. Many people may not like this.
Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Pieces Complete Golf Set
My Rating: (4.5 / 5)View Lowest Price On Amazon
There are a wide range of golf sets which are available out there, but there are not many that are as complete as this 16-piece set from Pinemeadow. Not only does it come with clubs and the stand bag, it comes with a dozen golf balls too. There are other reasons to purchase this set, this being the stainless steel irons, driver which is enhanced with titanium, a 3W which has a graphite shaft and a mallet putter which will help to give beginners a lot more confidence in their game.
- Driver – Within this 16-piece golf set there is a titanium enhanced driver which gives 10.5 degrees of loft. It it extremely robust and durable, which is down to its graphite shaft.
- Irons – The irons that are included with this set are 4,5,6,7,8,9 and even a pitched wedge iron. All of these are made from stainless steel which makes them durable and give a high performance.
- Hybrid – A 21 degree hybrid is supplied with this set and this allow for it to be comfortable for new players. It also allows for a better control and it can give a high amount of flight time on shots.
- Wood – A 3 wood is included in this set which has a loft of 15 degrees. By far the best thing about this wood is that it has a pure graphite shaft. With a low profile, it can help any golfer get a straight shot.
- Putter – The impressive mallet putter that comes with this set will ensure that you are able to have control and precision with each shot. This will help to give you a lot of confidence in your game.
- Stand Bag – The bag which holds the clubs is great we love it! It has a number of pockets which you can store all of your accessories and equipment. It also has some handy hooks which you can hang your towels on.
- Extras – With your purchase of this best beginner golf club set you will also receive a dozen golf balls with it and they don’t cost you any extra. This is a lot more than you get with other golf sets. Not to mention you get 3 headcovers included which can be used for your driver, 3W and your hybrid.
- Even with their cheaper price tag, the clubs that are supplied in this set are certainly high quality.
- The stand bag which is supplied with it’s huge number of pockets and hooks for your towels is high quality too.
- With its backpack style straps, you can easily and comfortably carry around your clubs.
- The driver supplied is extremely forgiving, this makes it the ideal club for beginners.
- The 3-Wood and irons that are with this set, give a great amount of control which is down to its beautiful craftsmanship.
- You won’t need to worry about purchasing golf balls as with this great set, it is supplied with a dozen golf balls.
- The driver has had a fair number of complaints about the head coming off even after a short period of time.
- Many players have said that the mallet putter is difficult to use as it doesn’t seem to be as balanced as it should be.
- It could have been a lot better if the set had included a 5-Wood it would have very helpful when it came to being on the green.
- The 21 degrees on the 3-hybrid is a little awkward, but it shouldn’t be a huge issue after a little time of using it.
Wilson Men’s Profile XLS Complete Package Golf Set, Right Handed
My Rating: (4 / 5)View Lowest Price On Amazon
The XLS Complete Package which is from Wilson is great for any right handed player, even beginners. If you are looking for some high quality clubs that have a hybrid which has a high launch technology in it, which helps to give the golfer a better trajectory even better than with long irons. The set also comes with a stand bag that is not only lightweight but is also very stylish. It is the perfect thing to carry your clubs around easily and effectively.
- Driver – The driver itself is a 460cc which is made from a titanium composite, this gives it the power weighting technology which not only gives a great amount of forgiveness but also allows for an improved distance. There is a large sweet spot too, which means it is perfect for beginners.
- Woods – The wood that is supplied with this set gives a better amount of loft, this helps to give a good playability whether you are in the rough or the fairway.
- Irons – Stainless steel irons in this set are extremely robust and have a good perimeter weighting which helps to give the clubs a big sweet spot. This will help to supply the golfer with a lot more forgiveness then if you were to use another set.
- Sand Wedge – With a wide sole and low weighting, the sand wedge will help any level golfer hit the ball out of a bunker, regardless of the conditions.
- Hybrids – Hybrids are extremely useful when you are down on the course and it is one of the best beginner golf club set, which features an enhanced head, that helps golfers to make every shot easy to hit. The high launch technology in these hybrids will help to give an overall better trajectory than most of the long irons today.
- Putter – With the putter being easy to use accurately, this being down to the heel to toe weighting which also allow for a more stable head. This helps to give a smooth and accurate stroke when it comes to putting on the green.
- Bag – The bag supplied with the clubs is not only stylish but it is very lightweight. It has a ton of storage space which means you can carry around essentials whilst you are moving around the course.
- The grips on the clubs in this set are large and extremely comfortable to use.
- Although it isn’t the cheapest set, it is a fair price for what you are receiving. Especially when you compare it with other sets currently available for purchase.
- All the clubs which are within this set are engineered to allow for a faster swing speed regardless of golfer level.
- The clubs have a senior flex shaft which helps the clubs to be both soft and durable.
- With the design of the clubs being well engineered, it allows a lot of control and gives a great distance.
- The bag is super lightweight, this will mean that you don’t have to carry around extra weight and waste energy whilst carrying your clubs around the course. Not to mention, there are a number of pockets you can use to store extra gear and balls.
- The clubs have been designed in a unique way which makes them comfortable and easy to handle for anyone who is right handed.
- The steel shafts that are on the hybrids and the irons will bend slightly if you are to miss the ball or even hit the ground. This is the most common occurrence for beginners.
- There is a less stiff feel to the driver and 3 wood shaft which could be made better by making the shaft stiffer.
- The loft of 14 degrees on the driver is rather awkward and is a bit unusual, especially when it is being used by a beginner.
- All of the clubs are only available in standard size, so if you are either short or taller than most average height players, then these clubs won’t be as comfortable for you.
What Should You Know About Golf Clubs?
Of course, as a beginner you will be asking yourself a lot of questions, such as what golf club do I need to use such as the best golf clubs for beginners and when should I use it. But, before you learn all of this it is important to know all of the basics about the golf clubs. Once you have learnt this it will be easy for you to pick up everything else and you will have the confidence to know which club is right for which shot.
When it comes to a golf club there are three main components to consider. The head, grip and the shaft. All of these components play a critical role in the playing of the game. Not to mention that the club would not function correctly without any of these. The grip is of course where you will be placing your hands on the club, it is ideal to choose a grip which gives maximum comfort but also gives the correct amount of grip you require. The club head is by far the most important factor in a club, it will affect your accuracy as well as the trajectory of the ball you are hitting.
The shaft of the club is one of the most important but often the part which is most taken for granted. It makes a significant difference to your play depending on the weight and often times the material it is made from. When looking into the shaft, there are a varying number of properties you should be watching out for, things like torque and flex which will have a big impact on your game. Make sure this isn’t an area you overlook whilst you are shopping around.
Once you have learnt about the main components that are essential for a golf club, then you can move onto the next step which is to figure out how many clubs you are going to need in order to have a great game! The USGA allow for golfers to carry a total of 14 clubs within their bags whilst they are playing a professional level. This is to show you that even up to a professional level the maximum amount of clubs you are going to need is around 14.
Some of the best beginner golf club set of 14 clubs will contain a driver, a putter, a hybrid club, two woods, two wedges and seven irons. Many golfers do prefer to mix and match their irons with hybrids, it does depend on their play style a lot of the time. It is also important to know exactly how each club will help your game and when it is correct to use it. Although, many clubs can be used for multiple purposes but, it may not be as effective as if you were going to use the correct club for that particular purpose.
The Different Types Of Golf Clubs & What Their Uses Are
There are 5 types of clubs which are mainly used in golf. Although there are different manufacturers who will try to make theirs look different from others, for example putters may look different from different makes but they are all used for the same purpose. So, as you are a beginner you just need to understand the difference between each of the clubs, this is crucial to learning and improving your golf game.
The driver is by far one of the most commonly used clubs and every golfer you will ever meet will have one, regardless of whether they are just starting out or they are a seasoned professional. From all of the clubs in a golf club set it is the club which will drive the ball the furthest down the hole, it is also the main club you will select when you are beginning a round. A way to distinguish the driver from the other clubs is to take a look at the shaft, it will usually be the longest, not to mention it will have a larger head and the smallest amount of loft.
A driver is often given a 1-wood in golf and it’s main purpose is to help with teeing off on par-4s and par 5s when the ball is on a tee. But, in some cases professionals and highly skilled players will use it whilst they are in the fairway but this will take time and a lot of practice to be able to achieve it for yourself. That is why beginners would be best sticking to using the club for teeing off which is where it is most useful.
Since the driver has a low amount of loft and has the longest shaft, it can be a very difficult club to master for most golfing beginners. But, it is essential that you have it within your set and that both beginners/amateurs practice using it for as long a time as they can, as it will improve their starting game tenfold. If you are having problems with teeing off with regular drivers then the best thing to do would be to purchase a driver with a higher loft which will make it easier to use. You can start with the higher loft ones which will help with transitioning to the best golf drivers.
Once you have managed to tee off with your driver, it is time for you to use your fairway woods. As your driver will not be able to help you much further down the fairways and you will need to change something that has a smaller head, shaft and loft. The fairway wood is a club that you will use mainly whilst you are on the fairway, it differs from a driver as it has a smaller head and shaft which helps to give a lessened amount of power and loft. Overall, the fairway wood does look like a smaller version of a driver but it doesn’t stand out as much at the driver itself.
Of course, adding in from the smaller heads and shorter shafts, fairway woods also have metal heads which are similar to drivers. But, going back a few years the woods were made out of hickory or persimmon, which is why they have the name of fairway wood. With the smaller components of this wood, you can understand that it is much more accurate but it doesn’t give the distance of a driver. But, if you are able to use this club well, then you can get a decent distance as well as being extremely accurate.
If you are unsure when you should be using a fairway wood then you should simply remember the name of the club and that will help you to remember where it needs to be used, as for when you should be using a fairway wood until you are at least 175 yards away from the hole/flag. It is also important to know that you will be using this club after your first initial drive of the driver. Many golfers use between a 3-wood and 5-wood, the lofts are slightly different on these with the 3-wood having a 15 to 18 degree loft and the 5-wood having a 20-22 degree loft.
Irons are typically used when you are around 200 yards or less from the green itself. There are a number of different irons available such as 3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 for you to have in your set, these usually take up the most part of your club set. You should note that the closer you are getting towards the green after 200 yards, you should be using the best golf iron which is higher each time.
Some irons like the 3 & 4 are usually harder to swing with than the other ones and so when beginners, some ladies and most golfers who have a higher handicap will usually replace these with high loft woods such as the 7 or 9 wood.
Hybrid golf clubs are definitely a craze that has come in over the past few years, they are slowly becoming very popular even though they have only been around for 10 years. The way a hybrid works is by having an iron shaft with a wood head design.
This gives it the perfect mix of the best parts of a wood and iron club. They allow for greater distances and many golfers who play these days are replacing their 3-4 irons and 7-9 woods with hybrid clubs.
Although there are many ways to define a wedge, they are basically just a special kind of iron which will help to make a particular shot. The first and most important wedge type is of course the pitching wedge, it often comes with a loft which is around 46-48 degrees. The way the loft works on these type of clubs is that they go up by four each time, so the available ones are 48, 52, 56, 60 and 64 degrees.
They can be extremely useful when you are in a game of golf, many golfers carry more than one of them in their sets. You will often use them when you are a lot closer to the green and this is where their design really shines. With a shaped head, it allows you to shape your shots and control them a lot more without overhitting.
As the name may suggest a putter is simply use to put the ball into the hole when you are on the green. Whilst the best puttes will only be able to help you with getting the ball in the hole while you are on the green it won’t be useful when it comes to sand traps so you will have to rely on other clubs in your sets to help you with that.
Putters come in a number of styles like: belly, bent, short, heel-toe, mallet, center-hosel and much more. You can always check out more putter types when you get to know your first club set a little better.
Things You Should Consider When Your Are Buying The Best Golf Clubs For Beginners
A lot of golfing beginners have a difficult time when it comes to making sure that they purchase the correct equipment and that is without even knowing how to play the game to a good standard. But, this is usually down to the lack of information they have consumed and they haven’t had the right advice given to them. Golf seems like a simple game on the surface, but it is actually very complex and especially when it comes to knowing your clubs when you can own more than a dozen of them at one time.
Finding clubs shouldn’t be a massive problem as there are a huge number of manufacturers who produce them but it is important that you choose the best, but not only the best but the ones that are most suited to you and your play style. Now, for you to achieve this you are going to need to take into account a number of things so that you can buy the best golf clubs for beginners.
Should You Purchase Individual Clubs Or A Complete Set?
One of the many difficulties that a lot of golfers face is whether they should be purchasing individual clubs or to purchase a premade set. Whilst both methods are fine to do, there a few things you need to know in order to make the decision process a lot easier for you.
When you are considering buying individual clubs it can be a lot more money to do this than purchasing a complete set. So you may want to take into consideration the savings you are going to have when purchasing a golf club set. Not to mention, purchasing a set will help to save you a lot of time as you won’t need to do a lot of shopping around to find a number of different clubs. Of course, your main aim is to find the best golf clubs for beginners.
Purchasing a set is not always a good idea, if you are just looking for a few clubs and not all of the clubs within a set. Having a driver, a few irons and fairway woods and a putter are all you may need as a beginner. Buying these clubs individually may be cheaper than purchasing a full set and not using half of the clubs that come with it, you can do this more so if you were to buy your clubs second-hand.
Choosing between purchasing clubs individually or as part of a set is down to personal preference and your budget. If you are planning to play regularly so that your clubs are used on the regular, then you may be better purchasing a high-quality set rather than sinking money into some second-hand individual clubs.
Type Of Clubs To Look For In A Set
As a beginner in golf you will need to understand a lot of things when it comes to shopping for golf clubs. But, there are a few things which aren’t as important as knowing the types of best starter golf clubs which make up a complete set. The best thing about this is that it is common knowledge when it comes to a full set as each should have irons, wedges, hybrids, fairway woods and putters.
The USGA will allow up to 14 golf clubs for a golfer to have in their bag, with most professionals recommending around 12-14 clubs when they are playing in a pro tournament. It is also good to know that there are a number of each type of club within a set and this will vary from player to player. Often times, the reason for this is that everyone has a different style of play but, most golfers bags will consist of mainly irons or hybrids.
Your Golf Goals
Before you begin shopping for a set of golf clubs. You should set out a goal of what you are looking to achieve in your golfing game. These goals will help better determine the type of club that you will be purchasing and the club will also have an impact on your game if not chosen correctly.
You should always be clear on how often you are going to be playing golf and how far you see yourself going, whether that’s to be an avid player or to be a professional. If you are only going to be spend a few times a year playing golf, then you really shouldn’t be spending a lot of time, money or effort when you are shopping for your clubs. But, if you are going to be playing in every spare hour you get or you have big ambitions to become a professional then you should invest more time into finding the perfect clubs that suit you.
The shaft is the longest part of any club found between the grip and the head of the club. Most people don’t always seem to think much about the shaft, but it is an essential part of the club. It is important for you to know exactly what to look for in a shaft in order to select the right type for your clubs. Many times it is a piece of graphite or other types of metal and its length will often depend on the type of club it is attached to.
There are different types of flexes in a shaft and it will often affect its performance. This is why it is important for you to know what the right flex is for your own golf club set. The clubhead speed is what will ultimately determine what kind of flex you need for your swing. There are labels which can be found on clubs, “L” is usually meant for ladies. “A” and “M” is for the amateurs, “S” means that it has more of a stiff flex, “R” is for regular and “X” means that the club flex is extra stiff. So, as you might have guessed as a beginner you will be ideally looking for “A” or “M” shaft labels as you are still classed as an amateur and this will give you the best performance whilst you are learning.
New Or Used
As a beginner golfer you may find yourself in the predicament of whether you should buy your clubs new or used. Both are easily available but many have advantages and disadvantages, which can make it difficult for a first-time golfer to choose.
If you are still unsure as to how long you are going to be playing golf for, you should definitely go for used clubs. Used clubs are oftentimes a lot cheaper than purchasing them brand new not to mention, you can get a great deal from the right seller. If you do end up causing damage to a used club then you can easily replace it without a big expense as they are relatively cheap to buy.
New club sets, are higher quality and do offer a lot more durability, but you will have to pay a fraction more for them. But, if you are not planning on playing golf regularly then the sad thing is they will be rarely used. When you are first starting with a small amount of time being invested in golf, you may want to go with used clubs and upgrade to new ones as you progress in the game.
Club fitting is not something everybody knows about and you should always consider it when you are buying clubs, regardless of your experience level. The standard size ones which come off the shelf are perfect for any man who is around 5ft 10”. So, if you are around this height then you should have no problem using these club sizes. But, if you are any taller or smaller than this then you will need a club fitting to ensure that the club is perfect for your body type.
Club fitting is a simple process which takes into account your different body measurements such as your height and your arm length which will help to give you the right size club. It can take up to one hour no more and it will help to give you a comfortable swing which is right for you.
Just like purchasing anything else that is quite expensive, everyone has a budget and as clubs are expensive to buy, it is recommended that you set out a budget first before you start shopping around for them. You will know by the amount you are willing to spend, will also show how dedicated you are going to be to playing the game.
If you are going to be playing golf regularly, you will be best going with a high quality set, which doesn’t always mean that they are more expensive. But, this is not always the case. As a beginner, it isn’t really recommended that you go and splash a lot of money on your first set of golf clubs, this way if you don’t put the time into golf then you won’t have wasted a lot of your money. The trick is to only purchase what is affordable and is within your set budget that you decided on before you started shopping.
It is often a bad idea to buy any golf clubs without looking at what other players thought when they purchased the item. Or, they may have used them previously in their game and have shared their thoughts on them. If you are a beginner, then looking at the customer reviews is a reliable source of information for yourself, as you can see people’s impression before purchasing for yourself. So, if you want to be safe then you should put in the time to read through golf club set reviews within different websites before you decide that you are wanting to buy.
How Often Should Your Upgrade Your Club Set?
Many people struggle when it comes to upgrading their clubs and many don’t really know the right time to do so. Looking at upgrading is always down to personal preference from what to choose and when you need to upgrade. There are a number of factors which you should take into consideration when you are looking to upgrade.
As a beginner who is new to the game, it is a good idea to go for clubs which are simple and basic, this will help you to learn how to play and will be much more suited to your handicap. There are a few things you need to understand before continuing, once your knowledge of the game increases you will need to upgrade. But, it is important to remember that with better quality clubs and a higher knowledge of the game your handicap will change. When you are first starting out, you may not need to buy a full set but as you improve in your game you can consider buying a better and more completed set.
The quality of clubs will also better determine when you are going to need to change or upgrade. If you have gone for one of the best golf club sets or a high end set from a well known brand. Then you will be able to use this clubs for a long time before needing to upgrade. It is not uncommon for people who have purchased these types of sets usually don’t change them for 10+ years. But, with the way that technologies are coming out currently, clubs that are from 10 years ago will not have the newest technologies available today. There are a number of benefits to the improved clubs that are available and often times technologies are the reasons to upgrade.
Finally, the best thing to do is watch your equipment for wear and tear to ensure that they don’t break before you get a chance to upgrade them. Once you get more used to the game then you will know exactly what you need and can better replace the clubs you have.
Having a wealth of information available to you whilst you are beginning your golf game is extremely important and whilst you are looking to purchase your first golf set. Without this information that you could end up being frustrated if you purchase the wrong club set which may lead you to regretting your choice. But, with all the important things we have mentioned above in mind, you can definitely make the right choice confidently. We hope this has helped you choose the best golf clubs and get your golf career off to a flying start.